Answered

Sonos Roam - Google Assistant - Media not playing?!?!

• 18 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I must admit to wanting to ditch the Sonos roam because of a few silly things that are annoying me - a lot!

I use Google assistant, have been for years - so I was very happy to know I could use it with the Sonos roam - however...it isn’t great is it?

Example - I say: Hey google, stop playing in one hour.  It tells me it can’t set a sleep timer when there is no media playing!  There is media playing.

I ask to play a specific song - it doesn’t - it takes me to a playlist - always.

When I plug the google home hub in and use that - to compare...it works perfectly and does everything I ask.

Why is this so?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 December 2021, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In the case where you encounter such issues mentioned, it maybe best to submit a system diagnostic and post it’s reference back here and perhaps then contact/chat with the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK during the times stated, although in this case, I suspect the features mentioned are likely the responsibility of Google developers, who choose to provide their service on Sonos products, but perhaps see what the Staff say.