Answered

Sonos Play 5 to connect with Google Mini

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am trying to connect Sonos play 5 with my Google nest mini, Nut while adding voice assitance with google assistant>add to sonos, in Sonos app i can find Sonos Beam in the Sonos app but i can not find my sonos Play 5 which i want to connect to Google mini. What could be the reason , Please help

Thanks

icon

Best answer by JamesDan 31 January 2021, 11:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

The Sonos Play:5 doesn’t have built-in voice control capabilities like the Sonos Beam, so it won’t show up in the menu for adding Google Assistant in the Sonos app.

It can be controlled using a separate voice controlled speaker though, which is want you want to do.

You can either add Google Assistant to your Beam, after which your Play:5 should show up in the Google Home app automatically.

Or, open the Google Home app, select “+” at the top left, then “Set up a device”, followed by “Works with Google”. Tap the search icon at the top right and search for “Sonos”.

Select “Sonos”, after which you will have to log in to your Sonos account and grant Google access to your Sonos devices.

All your Sonos devices, including your Play:5, should now be visible in the Google Home app.

To make things easier, set your Play:5 as the default speaker for your Nest Mini: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7532812?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Hi James, 

Thanks for the quick response and helping me in connecting google mini to sonos play 5 with clear instructions. I think the instructions given in Sonos web site is little different which caused confusion, Sonso website says to go through the Sonos app, however we have to do this from Google home app, I think Sonos should update their website with instructions given by you.

Thanks a lot for your help.