Answered

Sonos One music requests not working / going to another room

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

This is a reoccurring problem recently after a few years of no (few...) issues with the set-up.

I have a SONOS one in the Kitchen and a SONOS playbase with Play 1 surrounds in the living room connected to the TV. I use Google Assistant (which is pretty crap at the best of times).

If I say something simple like “Ok google, play” the light flashes and nothing happens, if I then manually press the play button on the speaker or the app it works. If I then say “ok google, stop” it then says “something went wrong in the living room”, if I try to turn the music up it just does it on the TV in the other room.

I’ve reset the system, I’ve partially reset the system, I’ve rebooted the router and nothing works, the best that’s happened is that it temporarily goes back to normal before reverting again after a few days (and with no option changing).

I’ve looked for previous subjects without success.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 December 2023, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MartRobb 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please refrain from further resets - we recommend only ever doing this at our instruction, or before selling a unit.

Instead, please remove all instances of Google Assistant from your Sonos system: Sonos App » Settings » Services & Voice » Google Assistant » [all installed rooms] » Remove Google Assistant.

Once done, please remove your Sonos account from the Google Home app: Google Home » Settings » Works with Google » Sonos » Unlink Account.

Then, add Google Assistant to the rooms once more: Sonos App » Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Google Assistant » Add Google Assistant.

If you still have issues after performing these steps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry

Thanks for getting back to me, I've tried that and it didn't work. 

However randomly it has fixed itself again now, will try that method if it resurfaces