Question

Sonos Beam and google volume control.

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I  have a Sonos Beam connected to my Sony TV and usually control the volume by asking Google.  It it still working but rather than asking Google to increase the volume to say 4 or 5 I now have to ask for volume to increase to 60 or more.  I don’t think I’ve changed anything but maybe I’ve done something weird?  I also sometimes change volume through my iPhone (mentioning this in case it’s relevant).  Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Juniper44, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with controlling the volume on your Google assistant. I want to ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Are there any changes made in the Google Assistant, Google Home, or Sonos  App before this issue occurred?
  • When did it start happening?
  • What is the exact command that you tell Google assistant for increasing the volume?

Answers to this question will help us check what could be causing this issue.

Kindly check this article about Control Sonos with the Google Assistant for the commands that will work with Sonos via Google Assistant.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.