Answered

Sonos and google chromecast

• 1 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have the new google chromecast tv 4k with the remote and I have 2 sonos one and 1 sonos move in my living room. 
I want to connect my audio system to google but unfortunately I only find a way to connect my move in Bluetooth to Google. 

I have seen people doing more complex manipulations to success to connect their whole system. 
Can anyone help me on this please ? :) 

Have a Wonderfull day everyone !

Damien

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 1 November 2021, 19:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That standard way to connect Sonos to a TV is with one of Sonos home theatre speakers. Arc, Beam, or Amp.  This will give you the least amount of delay between audio and the video on your screen, nothing noticeable.  Some people will use the Aux input on the Connect of Five for TV audio, but this will have a significant delay.  The third option is bluetooth with Move or Roam, and the Roam can also group the bluetooth audio with the rest of your Sonos system.

Any other solution would be complicated and involve other equipment and such.  Not sure if you had any ideas in mind.

What do you actually want to play using Chromecast?  What sources do you want to listen to?