Answered

Sonos and Google Assistant - Commands Not Working

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Over the past few weeks, I noticed my Sonos speaker with Google Assistant is not registering commands to control music. I can ask Google to play music and ask what music is playing, but when I ask it to stop music, it says no music is playing. I deregistered Sonos from the Google app and unlinked Spotify and then set everything up again, but this didn’t work. I think there’s a bug with either Google Assistant or Spotify, but I think it’s Spotify. Also having the same issue with the Amazon Alexa voice. Only thing that’s working is the Sonos voice. Anyone else experiencing this?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 December 2023, 02:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I agree with you and I’m guessing it’s a Spotify issue too (perhaps🤔)? I just use the Google Assistant on the one Sonos speaker only here, but that’s with the Deezer Music Service and if I say "Hey Google, play Pink Floyd” ...just as an example, then that’s working okay for me. I unfortunately can’t test Spotify as I only use their free service, but just to say Deezer is working okay, so maybe concentrate on the Spotify side of things. Maybe try requests to play different Artists, Albums, or Playlists, just to see if anything works at all for you from the Spotify service.

Also ensure that the Spotify Account credentials are the same in both the Sonos App and the Google Home/Assistant Apps and check that the Country/Language settings match in both your online Sonos profile and your Google Assistant App.

Hi, I have the same issue with my Sonos devices. The google assistant speakers work fine. I hope anybody can find a solution to this.