Setting up a turn off music routine via Google assistant on sonos

• 3 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have successfully set up routines to turn off lights etc when I leave the house via the Google assistant on my sonos one but I cannot seem to find a way to add turn OFF the music as part of the routine. Currently I activate the routine which turns off the lights and have to give a separate command to turn off the music. Is it possible to integrate both commands as a routine? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CliveGu, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. 

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When you ask Google Assistant about the weather did she give you the correct information?
  2. What is the make and model of your smart home device?
  3. Do you have other Sonos devices with Google Assistance installed? If so, how does Google Assistant work on those devices?
  4. Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? How did Google Assistant work after?

To see if this clears up the issue, run through our Google Assistant troubleshooting guide.

If the recommended steps do not resolve your issue, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further assistance. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Badge +20

What is it with the Sonos Staff replies, are these Bots or something?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Belly M, thank you for your response. We ask questions to isolate the issue and to identify if the expected functionality is working. Also, we are not a bot. Thank you for your feedback, this will help us improve our responses.

Did this ever get sorted?

I'm also trying to set up the command to turn off all Sonos music via the Google Home app when I give the instruction that I'm leaving the house. The Sonos speakers appear in the app, but are not listed when trying to setting up devices to respond to commands. All my other smart home devices are listed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mubble,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern.

If you have performed the steps we provided in this thread and you’re still having the same issue, I recommend reaching out to our phone support team for further assistance and to provide the best recommendations regarding this concern.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Hi @Mubble,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern.

If you have performed the steps we provided in this thread and you’re still having the same issue, I recommend reaching out to our phone support team for further assistance and to provide the best recommendations regarding this concern.

Did I follow the steps you suggested in this thread? You mean, did I turn it off and on again?

Wow.