Separate Volume Controls for Google Assistant and Music?

• 20 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Pretty sure with other google devices you can set the volume of the assistant differently to the music.  I like to turn my music up sometimes but dont like Google assisant screaming at me the next morning to wake up.  Any idea when this will be added?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @john.s.bond, welcome to the Sonos Community!

No news to share regarding this, however I’ll pass your interest on to the team :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the swift response.  Does this mean Sonos doesn't look to mirror Google updates in their products?  I went for this product set because it covered both bases for me, great sounding convenient use along with being able to ditch additional google devices. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @john.s.bond - we’re always looking to improve the Google Assistant experience on Sonos, and while not all features will be available we take feedback from users on board regarding which features they would most like to see.

Nothing further I can share right now, however I can agree that this would be a great feature to have - not sure that my neighbours need to know when I’m turning the lights off at night :grin:

Badge

This is super annoying. Like most people have said, I like my music loud but don’t want the Google assistant shouting at me. Really needs separate volume control for the voice assistant. I have now been forced to disable voice assistant on Sonos and go back to my original Google Mini’s. Can Sonos please advise if this feature will ever be available as if not, I’ll save some money and buy One SL’s instead.

Best workaround I’m aware of, and use myself, is use a Nest Mini as your Google Voice control and make your Sonos Ones the default media player. Agree we ideally wouldn’t have to do that and the extra money spent on Sonos One with voice control is wasted plus cost of Nest Mini. But, it does allow you to have separate volume. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @john.s.bond, welcome to the Sonos Community!

No news to share regarding this, however I’ll pass your interest on to the team :)

Sure.. these topics have been around since the introduction of the Sonos One and everytime this same answer is given.. 2 years later and still no option to control the volume seperately.. how hard can it be to build a slider??