samsung tv control via sonos beam using google assistant

• 30 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Sonos Beam Arc connected to Samsung TV

Google Home shows Beam as two entities, TV control and Speaker

Google Assistant only enables on Beam speaker, TV control indicates ‘offline’

Google Assistant says to activate Samsung TV on Google Play

Attempt to use Google code provided by Samsung TV, Google site accepts the code but fails to connect the TV to my Google account.

Should Google assistant be able to control the TV via the Beam Arc port, why is the Beam TV control indicating offline in Google Home?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With my 2019 Samsung I had to ad Samsung my Samsung SmartThings account to Google Home and sign the TV in to SmartThings. I see no reference to this in your post. Did you try this?

By the way, I can wake up my TV with both Sonos TV Control and Google/SmartThings, but only get it to stand by using the latter option.

Thanks for the suggestion, when loading Smart Things into Google Home it displayed ‘null devices’.  The system is behaving as if the TV is on a different network from my iPad.  When checked, all devices are on the same network.  One thing seems to have changed..when issuing TV command with Google Assistant it doesn’t tell me to complete the Google setup on the TV anymore…it temporarily mutes the audio as if it were executing a command, but nothing happens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is your TV checked in to SmartThings?

It is now….