Answered

S2 and Spotify Family Premium

• 25 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I’ve not given up at the first hurdle, but there appears to be more than one hurdle

FYI we have multiple Google Home devices which work absolutely seemlessly (and cost about a fifth of the price)

I bought a Sonos One and an One SL on Saturday. Downloaded S2. Created a stereo pair (in the kitchen) and  after many attempts got Google Assistant on there and then managed to link my Spotify family premium account. Finally it works!

Asked my wife and son to do the same

S2 will only use my account for the kitchen pair. Not ideal but ok. So I logged in on their phones and then we added their Spotify premium family accounts. 
Even after unlinking and relinking  their Spotify account to Home Assistant when they try and play music we get told that their Spotify premium accounts need adding to HA and Sonos. 

Circles.…

Its a bit rubbish. This is my first Sonos product 

Every post I find online says that everyone should have their own Sonos account but this isn’t an option as Sonos S2 defaults to my account once they’re linked  S2 seems to be the problem maybe?

I should say that my Spotify account and Google assistant seems to work fine

Hope that makes sense

I’d really appreciate some help

regards

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 May 2021, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Trying to Listen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Firstly, each Sonos household (collection of speakers) can only be registered to one owner/account. This makes no difference in actual day-to-day use, however. You are correct in saying everyone should have their own Sonos account, but that only applies to Sonos owners, not every person in that house that may use the system. You can have as many users (apps) as you want, but the system sees itself as belonging to you only.

You can add multiple Spotify accounts to Sonos within the Sonos app and each can be labelled. See our Add a music service to Sonos help page for details. So you, your wife and your son can all have your own music available within the Sonos app.

When it comes to voice control of music via Google Assistant, however, Google will play from the single Spotify account that’s referenced in the Google Home settings. To work around this, you’d need to set up profiles on Google Assistant so it can recognise your voices and use the appropriate Spotify account for each of you. Instructions for setting up Voice Match can be found here but as of yet we are still working with Google to get this working on the Sonos One.

Hi @Corry P

Thanks for you reply

” but as of yet we are still working with Google to get this working on the Sonos One”

I have to be honest this is very disappointing but thank you for the honesty. Saves me reading pages and pages of other suggestions 

Any idea when it might be sorted? 

There are a couple of other things I’ve noticed in comparison with the Google home device these have replaced. Sonos One doesn’t appear to understand ‘shuffle <Spotify playlist>’  and it’s so sloooow in responding.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Trying to Listen 

Any idea when it might be sorted?

I’m afraid not - we don’t have a time-scale to share at this time.

There are a couple of other things I’ve noticed in comparison with the Google home device these have replaced. Sonos One doesn’t appear to understand ‘shuffle <Spotify playlist>’  and it’s so sloooow in responding.

There are a few things that can affect this. I’d recommend a reboot of your WiFi router - please switch it off for at least 30 seconds. A reboot of the speaker may help too. If you have any WiFi boosters/extenders, please test with them turned off.

I hope this helps.