Radio 4 voice command stopped working

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a new development to report. Now when asking to play BBC Radio 2, I've had BBC Radio Cymru 2 play instead. Not everytime but has happened on three occasions. The voice logs are showing my voice was heard correctly.

Brilliant.

It’s a sign … time to learn Welsh.

It’s a sign … time to learn Welsh.

This could finally tip the balance and make me learn Cymraeg. Sonos Dda. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue here. Asking for BBC Radio 2 results in BBC Radio Cymru whilst asking for BBC Radio 4 gets you BBC Radio 4 Extra. In both cases, Google Home has correctly parsed the voice command and if it’s not linked to a Sonos as the target speaker, will correctly play the requested radio station. 

I have had this same problem for ages. It is pathetic that it hasn’t been sorted out. 

Userlevel 2

I can get BBC Radio 2 reliably with the voice command. "OK Google, play 88 to 91 FM". The same technique didn't seem to work for Radio 4 though...

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I tried Radio 4 with a Google Home Mini and Sonos Five speaker today and still the same problem of Radio 4 Extra being steamed. 

This is the same issue that I am experiencing. I was so hoping to find  solution here and quite disappointed to see that it has remained unresolved for so long.                

Badge

I got this working.

It is by no mean a fix, but it is at least a functioning workaround thanks to some clever people in the IFTTT community.

Instructions here:

They’re for Alexa, but it works fine with Google Assistant too.

Hi there

We’re still facing an issue with Sonos playing BBC Radio 4 Extra instead of BBC Radio 4. 
Any update?

Thanks

I am adding my voice to the chorus. When asking for Radio 4 or 2 I get Radio 4 Extra or Radio Cymru instead. Very much regretting my Sonos purchase so far.

Userlevel 1

Can’t quite believe this hasn’t been fixed. My wife may leave me if it isn’t fixed soon!

Still waiting. 
It feels like SW issue in a table. 

has anyone been able to get Radio 4 by asking for a different station. I know asking for 4 xtra does not work. 

Time to get Google speakers.