Answered

Problem controlling Sonos Play:5 with Google Nest Mini

• 25 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey y’all. I have a Sonos Play:5 (Gen 2) set up in my living room and I recently purchased a Google Nest Mini (Gen 2) to control it. I’ve set everything up to the point where I can tell the Nest to do things like pause and start music on the Sonos, but when I try to command the Nest to play a specific artist / genre / playlist etc. (e.g. “Hey Google, play jazz on Sonos in the living room”), it replies with the following error message: “Sorry, it looks like Apple Music isn’t currently supported on the living room”. I have set up Apple Music as the default music service on the Nest, and have logged into the same Apple Music account on both devices. I’m a bit puzzled by the error message, since I’m pretty sure I was able to control Apple Music on the Sonos via the Nest at an earlier stage of setting the two devices up. But maybe I’m just misremembering. I’ve read suggestions elsewhere online that controlling Apple Music on a Sonos Play:5 via the Nest just isn’t supported. In any case, does anyone have any suggestions about how to get the devices playing well with each other? Cheers.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 February 2022, 03:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Apple Music is not currently supported for use with Google Assistant on Sonos devices. If you want to use Google Assistant to play music on the Play:5, you need to use another music service.