Problem adding Google Voice Assistant

• 2 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Sonos One.  Google Voice services recently quit working and I was not able to successfully re-add them.  I did a factory reset on the speaker and I’m now attempting to add the Google Assistant.  In that process the Sonos app transfers control to the Google Assistant app.  The app is “Looking for devices” but the result is always “No devices found.”  I’ve tried this several times. 

Any suggestions?  Ironically, adding Amazon Alexa is a snap.  It’s just adding Google I’m having problems with.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

On iOS.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Abe Froman.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Have you tried to add your Google account to a different IOS phone and even android phone?

Hope you're not having issues with the credential of your account?

Any error message showing when adding your Google assistance in the Sonos application?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for the response.  My responses:

1. I have not tried a different iOS device.  I do not have an Android device. Can this be done through a browser in any way?
  2. No issues with Google account credentials.  I have many other Google devices (non-Sonos) that are logged into the same Google account and they are all working fine.
  3. No errors messages.  Google Home spins its wheels looking for devices for several seconds, finds nothing and loops back around to look again.  Nothing found.  Control is never transitioned back to the Sonos app.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Abe Froman.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Base on your descriptions looks like a google issue.

Can you try these troubleshooting steps click here.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried both suggestions in that link (restart Sonos device and restart the Google Home app).  Neither solved the problem.  I also deleted and re-installed the Google Home app and tried the same process again.  Same result.  Still not able to add Google Voice services. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

“No devices found.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Abe Froman.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back again to Sonos Community.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If anyone is curious, the solution (found on Reddit) ended up being to go into the Google Home app settings, removing Sonos as a linked device, and re-adding it.  Once I did that I was able to go into the Sonos app and successfully add Google Voice Services.  

I probably tried adding voice service for my Beam 50 times to be able to use google voice services with it. Deleted everything, tried with another google account, reinstalled Beam, unregistered-registered sonos on google home app… I can see the Beam device on Google home but I can’t use the google voice services directly from Beam. Highly frustrating for a product which is supposed to be simple to set up. Compared to other connected products I’ve used so far with, Sonos is definitely the most disappointing one.