Poor integration with Google Assistant

• 12 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Sonos' responses to common GA commands is erratic. Sometimes responds, sometimes not, with some error message. Some examples:

Me: "Play XYZ" or "Play playlist XYZ."
Sonos: "Sure, (or OK,) playing XYZ on Google Play Music. Sorry, I can't find the content you requested."
or
Sonos: "Sure, playing XYZ on Google Play Music. Something went wrong. Try on one of your other devices. or, I can't do that here, but you can ask me to play that on one of your other devices."

At other times, using the same command, at the same distance and volume, Sonos responds correctly.
I have a total of seven Google Home devices around my home, which all work fine.

???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have the same problems. Also my Sonos One is not stable. Some of the commands I use for my Google Home mini or LG XBOOM. Had a 2,5 hour session with the Sonos service desk, but without a good solution. Even standard commands like what is my location (in Dutch) are not giving same results. There is still some work to do for the SONOS developer team...
Userlevel 2
Same problem here.

My Google Home Mini responds flawlessly to queries like “Play The Rolling Stones” but my Sonos One with Google Assistant is flaky, and actually has worked 0% of the time for the last week.

Poor product.