Question

Not available right now.

• 5 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi.

I have two sonos one (gen 2) speakers - they have worked just fine toghether with Google Assistant for a while.

But recently they often answer “I’m sorry but the speaker is not available right now”. This happens after the GA first tells me it will play something at Spotify or Tune in.

I have tried to restart the router and also reset both speakers and again added them to the sonos app and GA. But the problem is still there.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mr.Mo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand it can be tough to identify the issue when all a sudden, a perfectly working device fails to deliver. Let me help you with that.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Since when the issue start happening?
  • Were there any noticeable changes made prior it was still working and the moment they stopped working?
  • Are we able to play music directly using the Sonos App or Airplay without voice command involved?
  • Can we try unplugging the Sononos devices from power and plugging them back after 10-15 seconds and check if the issue still persist?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of checking after the reboot to see what is going on with the system?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you Paul.

I guess it started some weeks ago, but not quite sure. And unforntunately I can’t think of any changes made prior to this starting to happen.

And yes, I can play music directly from the Sonos App without problems.

I have unplugged and restarted. Diagnostic code is: 1805045432. Feel free to see if anything looks wrong.

And: The system has been working fine the last 24 hours after posting my first message of course, so I’ll come back here if this changes.

Jan Henrik

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mr.Mo.

Thanks for the update, immediate response, and for submitting a diagnostic.

Based on the provided diagnostic, It seems everything is well set up. The main router has a different Wifi name than the Access point, so you know where to connect to access your Sonos system. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary except for a little wireless interference showing on Stue (Sonos One ). Allow me to recommend the guide on how to reduce wireless interference as this can cause audio drop out or audio skips.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,