Answered

Not able to connect to google assistant

• 7 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

Im not able to pair my sonos speaker with google assistent… 

I discussed this with your customer support a few days ago. 

They told me, that they would fix the issue and that i would be able to call you the day after Saturday ( you a closed- so thanks for that) 

How ever im still not able to connect my sonos to google assistent. 
I im able to add them in the app but i cant use the funtion on the sonos or in the app 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2024, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yes, the issue has not yet been fixed by Google/Sonos - if you perhaps monitor the Sonos status page here, it will be updated as soon as the matter has been resolved…

https://status.sonos.com

Hi, 

I still have det issue. I could see that the it was fixed in your end. However i’m still not able to add Google assistent to my Sonos speakers

Hi, 

I still have det issue. I could see that the it was fixed in your end. However i’m still not able to add Google assistent to my Sonos speakers

Maybe ensure it’s available on your chosen Sonos products in whichever country you’re residing and check that your Sonos online profile country setting is set correctly. It may also be worth rebooting your router and Sonos products too. Here’s a couple of Sonos support links that may assist:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/google-assistant-availability-on-sonos

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-google-assistant-device-to-control-sonos

I am new to Sonos and have spent about 3 hours over the past 48 hours talking to three different tech support guys about my new Roam not connecting to Google Assistant. I even ordered and installed a new router at their suggestion. Finally they tell me there is a 'known issue' which they are working on. I obviously wouldn't have bought the Roam if I had known this. I will probably return it to the retailer I bought it from and buy an alternative.

Userlevel 2

I can't do it either?

I bought a One gen 2, I did well with Alexa, but not with Google Assistant!

Perhaps this is due to the complaint officially received by the court during your action for misappropriation of Google's patent?

I imagine that Sonos will do the same thing with Amazon (you would be wrong not to do so). But if eventually connected speakers are no longer compatible with Alexa, and ok Google, what is left as a voice assistant apart from Hey Sonos?

There is a strong community of open source home automation systems such as home assistant. But obviously Sonos is not interested?

However, a large proportion of users would buy a Sonos speaker if it could include their voice assistant! Should Sonos ask itself this question? No ?

I decided to keep the Roam because it does work with Alexa. I would prefer to use Google Assistant but it still won't work.  The tech support people said they would come up with a "workaround" for me. They were "working on it ".  They said that they had not had a lot of people complaining of the same problem - which surprises me. I haven't gone back to find out what the workaround is yet. I also wonder if this is related to the dispute between Sonos and Google. If so they should stop advertising the Roam as compatible with Google Assistant - which would be in breach of trading laws.

Just unbelievable to read through all the replies, and that Sonos support didn’t say anything about it for the 4,5 hours I talked to them. Such a waste of time, and my sonos speakers are now absolutely useless as a smart speaker, as I can no longer tell them voice commands. 

SONOS please solve the issue and get back to us in this thread!!! 

Google Assistant sucks complete on Sonos! Its a shame...

I decided to keep the Roam because it does work with Alexa. I would prefer to use Google Assistant but it still won't work.  The tech support people said they would come up with a "workaround" for me. They were "working on it ".  They said that they had not had a lot of people complaining of the same problem - which surprises me. I haven't gone back to find out what the workaround is yet. I also wonder if this is related to the dispute between Sonos and Google. If so they should stop advertising the Roam as compatible with Google Assistant - which would be in breach of trading laws.

Strange, as the Google Assistant setup/works fine on the Sonos Roam (called Voyager) I have here…