Question

Manually control Play:5 in GA

• 21 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Having jumped into the infuriating and exhilarating world of smart living/iot etc (yes, I have no life) slightly late, I have set up GA on my iPad (and I have the clumps of hair in my hand to prove it). I think I have it now: my Play:5s (Gen2) will never have voice assistant like my Beam but with an iPad and GA, or with one of Google’s speaker mics, I can control the speakers all the same, with voice.

I assume there is no way to control the usual Sonos parameters through the Google Assistant app using gestures, ie with my finger?  I can do this with Hue compat lights etc. but the Sonos speakers do not have any control (except the Beam which has on off for the linked TV).

Yeah, I know the Sonos app is right next to GA, but it still would be nice to simplify these tasks, given that was the idea, I gather, with smart devices.

Yorkey 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Yorkey, welcome to the Sonos Community!

While you can control Sonos using Google Assistant through voice, there’s very little control available through the Google Assistant/Home app without using voice. Not something that I’ve seen requested often, however I’ll be happy to pass this forward as a feature request for you :)