"hey google" .... "sorry, cant find what you are looking for"

• 22 April 2021
  • 4 replies

See this topic had been discussed but I do not see a solution . I have rebooted.  Reloaded Google assistant but same msg

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirkc 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sure there are community members willing to help, but I think they may need some more information:

• Are you using a Google-branded device to command Sonos, or a Sonos device with Google Assistant installed?
  • What are you asking it to play, and where from? 
  • What did you reboot? Just Sonos? If so, please reboot your router too by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.
  • Do you get the same result if you try playing something else, from another source?
  • If you try to play the same track/album/station from the same source to the same target within the Sonos app, does it play?
  • How does Google respond if you ask it the weather (if asking a Sonos device)?

Personally, I recommend you try the steps outlined on our Google Assistant commands not working on Sonos help page and let us know how you get on.

Using Google assistant on my Samsung phone . I rebooted router as well . I ask hey google play some jazz music . It works if I ask for the weather 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirkc 

Thanks.

I notice you have a pair of Sonos Ones - do you have Google Assistant installed in that Sonos room, and does it work as expected?

I use google assistant off my phone and when i ask for the weather it work perfectly