Answered

Google Voice Control for Amazon Music

• 2 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 6 replies

I have various voice activated Sonos speakers, and control a lot of my music via a “Hey Google” command.

I also have an Amazon Unlimited subscription, having recently closed my paid Spotify account.

However I have not found a way to access Amazon via the “Hey Google” voice command.  If, for example, I say “Hey Google, play The Beatles”, she’ll head off and play a series of songs on a free Spotify (with advertisements) service.  I don’t seem to be able to set a default to get that service to go to my Amazon account instead.

Any clues??

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 April 2022, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pac 

Thanks for your post!

Amazon Music cannot be added to Google Assistant, whether Sonos is involved or not. This is either Google’s or Amazon’s decision and is unlikely to change any time soon. You also cannot add YouTube Music to Alexa, for the same reasons.

Ironically, for your circumstance, Spotify can be added to both of the voice assistants.

If you’re sticking with Amazon Music, I recommend switching your voice assistant to Amazon Alexa.

Remove a voice service

Add voice services to Sonos

I hope this helps.