Answered

Google Home on Sonos in Poland

• 16 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I was wondering is it possible to use Google Assistant through SONOS in Poland? 

I’m preety sure it was available, before SONOS introduces its own assistant. The main issue is - can I use SONOS to control Google Home devices in Poland? 

If not, and the problem lies that the Google Assistant feature in SONOS is not available in Poland, can someone answers if SONOS is working on it ? Or when can it be introduced? I belive SONOS looses a lot becouse of this issue... 

I don't care about service in Polish, but it would be nice to have any Google Home service, since the product is adapted to it in other countries? 

Are there any other devices that I can add to my home system that will allow me to use Google Home/Assistant and SONOS without problems? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 January 2023, 09:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This link shows the current availability of the Google Assistant on Sonos:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/google-assistant-availability-on-sonos

I understand it falls to Google to add this feature for its customers in Poland as they decide where this can be implemented - maybe it’s a (lack of) customer demand?

As a Google customer, it maybe worthwhile to also feedback your request to their customer services aswell. 

Sadly Amazon also have not added Poland to their list for ‘Alexa on Sonos’ so that assistant is also unavailable in Poland.

Badge

@Ken_Griffiths thank You for advice, but…

I’ve seen already the availability for SONOS, hurts me that Poland is not there, even that we have a quite big sell service and oficial page in Polish… 

As for the Google availability - we have it for a couple of years now. I can easly access or add new devices and use the assistant even in Polish (most of the time). More of this I’m able to play music using Google Assistant on other than SONOS devices, so I’m asuming that a the feature is for SONOS to implement… 

I love the way how SONOS assistant works, but it would be perfect to use SONOS mics also for Google Assistant, so I can access other devices. Im preety sure this works in other countries (from the list)?

I’m sure Sonos will note your feature request here, but I think it’s still worth your while contacting and letting Google know too - the more that their own customers ask for this feature in Poland, the more likely they will begin to listen to that request.