Answered

Google Home Control sonos legacy - With a Phone

• 14 May 2019
  • 4 replies

If I have a google home, or assistant on my phone, can I control my Sonos Play 1, 3 and Player units?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 May 2019, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If I have a google home, or assistant on my phone, can I control my Sonos Play 1, 3 and Player units?

Yes. You will need to specify the Sonos room name in the command, i.e. "Hey Google, play Sade in the Bedroom."
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Randy, Google Assistant on an Android device should be able to control your Sonos players.

All Sonos players that update to 10.2 should now be capable of being controlled by Google Assistant enabled devices, once you've configured them to work together.

Edit: Beaten by jgatie.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Yes. You will need to specify the Sonos room name in the command, i.e. "Hey Google, play Sade in the Bedroom."
Is the "in the roomname" suffix really always required?

Yes. You will need to specify the Sonos room name in the command, i.e. "Hey Google, play Sade in the Bedroom."Is the "in the roomname" suffix really always required?

Unless you're speaking to a Sonos One or Beam, then yes. There isn't currently any default preferred speaker option like there now is (wasn't originally) with Alexa.