Question

Google Assistant won't access Sonos services

• 27 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a new Sonos One running Google Assistant. Every time I want to play Spotify or any other service I have in the Sonos app, I have to go into the Google Home app, select the Sonos and “reconnect account”. Ok Google commands work without doing this, answers questions, turns lights on and off etc. It’s just playing music or any other service that is in the Sonos app that I need to do this. How do I make the Sonos app stay connected in the Google app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bilbo24,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

​The Google Assistant allows you to control Sonos with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers. To play music to Sonos using the Google Assistant, you’ll need to add the same music service account to both the Google Assistant and Sonos. You can also select a default speaker so content always plays in a specific room without saying the room name in the command.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you

1. Check if your Sonos system is up to date.
    • On iOS or Android
      From the Settings tab, tap System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
  2. Sign out from your Google accounts on your device controller and browsers.
  3. Remove and re-add the Google Assistant on the Sonos app.
  4. Hardwire one of your speakers to your router and check if Google Assistant will work.

If you’re still facing the same issues, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup to check your Sonos system and perform in-depth troubleshooting to help you out.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.