Answered

Google assistant saying "I can't reach the internet right now"

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I am constantly getting the “I can’t reach the internet right now” from Google Assistant (GA) running on both my Sonos One speakers. GA on my phone has no such issues and neither do three Google Home Minis in my home. The speakers themselves have Wifi connections because I can use the Sonos app to play musing on them with no issues. Suggestions?

Tried to reconnect GA but now it stuck on “This may take a minute. if its taking too long, try again”.

I’m using Nest wifi pro. had no problems with my sonos system for years…

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 August 2023, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe try a reboot of your Google Nest WiFi setup and see if that resolves the issue. You could perhaps also quickly try removing and then reinstalling the Sonos action/skill in the Google Assistant/Home App.

I’ve tried to restart WIFI network, and to disconnect all my sonos from power - didn’t help.

Tried to reinstalling  Sonos action/skill in the Google Assistant/Home App but still didn’t help…

The Sonos Status Page shows it should be working… 

https://status.sonos.com

However, give me a few minutes and I will install the assistant here and try it and I’ll report back, if it’s working for my setup here, then you might need to go onto test again and then immediately submit a Sonos diagnostic report and note it’s reference and then contact Sonos Support via this LINK.

I’ll post back when I’ve had chance to check it here.

Okay, it works here for me - can I just check that you’re using a ‘paid’ subscription music service and not a free service (as ‘paid’ services are needed to control music playback on Sonos). Also ensure the same music service/credentials are installed/authorised in both the Sonos App and the Google Assistant Apps and that it is set as the default music service for the Google Home.

If your problems persist, then you maybe best to contact Sonos Support with your diagnostic reference as stated earlier.