Google Assistant Response Interrupts Beginning of Songs

• 22 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have an Arc, a Sub, and two Play:3's as surrounds. I noticed that when asking Google Assistant on the Arc to play a song (from YouTube Music, in this case), its response cuts off the first few seconds of the song. However, when asking the assistant to play a song on a Google device, such as Google Nest Mini, it finishes its response and the song plays afterward without the beginning being cut off.

Just in case anyone else may have experienced this scenario also, I spoke with a senior Sonos engineer last week who said he would submit this as a feature request, so maybe a future update will address this.

Ultimately, this is nothing more than a very minor inconvenience, but it would be nice to be able to hear a song in its entirety without interruption when requesting it through Google Assistant.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Yes, this is an issue Amazon Alexa users experience as well. Hopefully Sonos will address this problem one day so we can hear the first few seconds of our music without our voice assistants talking over it.