Google Assistant Repeating Incorrect Information

• 14 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this.  When I ask Google Assistant to play the radio station WXXI she repeats the action but replaces the “WXXI” with “WXC”.  The correct station actually plays so it is not a real big issue, it’s just weird.  My kitchen speaker does it every time while my basement and bedroom speakers do it maybe 30-40% of the time.  All other voice control actions are repeated correctly.  I have had the speakers for about 4 years and this started about 6 - 9 months ago I think.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos is merely a transport for your voice to reach the Google servers, they don’t do any processing on either the send, nor the response. 

@Airgetlam Thank you.  I get that Sonos is just a transport but it is strange that it only does it with that command and if I look up WXC on google I can find no connection to the radio station at all.  It just doesn’t make sense to me.