Answered

Google Assistant random activation

• 31 March 2023
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Have my ARC connected to my LG CX.

The assistant will sometimes activate during movies and random TV without me saying “hey google”.

No words or sounds come close to “hey google” or “okay google” when the assistant activates.

Anyone noticed this or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by eatzaylove 6 April 2023, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @LNK 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

While I don’t have Google Assistant installed, I do see this issue with both Sonos Voice Control and Amazon Alexa on my own system. Unfortunately, it’s a fact of life with digital voice assistants.

The only way of being sure that it will not happen is to disable the microphone on your Arc while watching TV or movies by tapping the microphone “button” (it’s a touch sensitive region rather than an actual button) on the Arc.

Another option is to relocate the speaker, but this can hardly be applied to an Arc, so is of no help to you.

Ultimately, the wake word and activation is controlled by Google’s software and if disabling the microphone is not acceptable, I can only refer you to Google’s support team so they can log your report.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Open the google assistant app

Have my ARC connected to my LG CX.

The assistant will sometimes activate during movies and random TV without me saying “hey google”.

No words or sounds come close to “hey google” or “okay google” when the assistant activates.

Anyone noticed this or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Set Google Assistant's “Hey Google” sensitivity

1. Open the Google Assistant app.
  2. Click your profile icon in the top right (iOS)
  3. Scroll all the way down to the bottom, click “Hey Google” sensitivity
  4. Click whatever you named your Sonos Arc
  5. Set it to “Least Sensitive”

Also extremely worth making sure “continued conversation” is turned off. It’s midway down the initial settings page and keeps the arc volume low even after you’ve given a command for ~5-15 seconds while it listens for other commands/prompts