Answered

Google Assistant - problem adding

• 28 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Just received my SONOS beam and tried to set up the Google Assistant. Followed the steps in the SONOS app, but when i go to connect to either Google or Alexa, I get a ‘There was a problem adding Google Assistant’. I have tried everything I can think of - reset the device, deleted the app and re-installed - but nothing seems to work. I’ve successfully connected the device to my Google Home, so can play Spotify from it, but that is only through my Google mini. Any ideas please? 

icon

Best answer by jamie72 28 January 2021, 18:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I”m having the same issue…  trying to add Google Assistant to two Beam on my Sonos system and after I check off each one and press “Go To Google Assistant App” button, I get “! There was a problem adding Google Assistant.”  Tried everything too.  I was able to link my Sonos account in Google Home and I can see all my speakers in the Google Home app, but cannot get Google Assistant to work.  Really annoying!  

Also, it would be nice if app developers actually put some useful information in their error messages so tech-savy users or people responding from the company could have some idea of what the problem might be.  An error that says “there was a problem” is completely useless.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Have a look at status.sonos.com - there is currently an issue with Sonos services, including voice control.