Answered

Google Assistant not working properly

• 19 October 2023
  • 3 replies

When I ask “Hey google play abc on Youtube Music” it replies “Sure playing abc on YT music” but then puts on a completely different song. Sometimes it will get the artist or album right, but never the song.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 October 2023, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Aibekch 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Do you have a subscription for YouTube or YouTube Music? If not, I suspect this is expected behaviour - often, services do not allow playback of specified tracks unless you are a paid-up member. My colleague was able to reproduce your results with Google Assistant and YouTube Music Free.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P!

The whole problem is that I do have a paid subscription and checked on my sonos app if it is correctly logged in. And it shows that it is logged in. Thus the frustration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Aibekch 

Understood. I was unable to reproduce the issue in my own testing with my YouTube Premium account - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Please note, however, that I had to install Google Assistant to test - it may be worth removing Google Assistant from your speaker(s) and adding it again before calling in. You can do so by going to Settings » Services & Voice » Google Assistant » [Room Name] » Remove the Google Assistant. If you have it installed in multiple Sonos rooms, I recommend removing it from all of them before restoring. After removing Google Assistant from your speaker(s) and before reinstalling, please unlink your Sonos account from Google in Google’s Home app. Google Home » Settings » Works With Google » Sonos » Unlink Account.

I hope this helps.