Google Assistant not working on Sonos Beam

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a Beam, a One and a One SL grouped together in my lounge. The charging base for my Move is also on my lounge but it gently lives in my bathroom. Whenever I use Google assistant to control my hue lights, it will respond on my Move if it's on charge in the lounge, but if it's in the bathroom the response comes from my phone, even if the phone is in another room which is annoying. Although Assistant is enabled on the Beam and the appropriate One; it just doesn't seem to work. If the phone or the Move isn't in range, I get nothing, no response. I assumed it was because it didn't work in groups but theres no logic to that. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If your One and One SL is connected to your Beam as surrounds, the voice assistant feature will be disabled on the One but will work on the Beam.

Is the Beam’s microphone turned on?

Badge

Hey - thanks - yeah, first thing I checked. I thought it and the One might be cancelling each other out then realised how stupid that looked in my head. 

Userlevel 7

Your Beam doesn’t respond at all to your Google Assistant commands even when you are right next to it?

Badge

Let me play about and come back to you :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I’ve noticed this as well. The Google Assistant on Sonos doesn’t seem to have this feature where it responds on the device closest to you. This isn’t just the case with Google Assistant on Sonos but also Alexa.