Answered

Google Assistant not playing a particular radio station (via TuneIn)

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Using voice commands to start radio stations. Some are working and some that worked before is not. For example TalkSport - when I say play TalkSport speaker responds - playing TalkSport from TuneIN followed by - sorry, I could not play.

See in forum that some others have had same problem, but could not see any fix.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 January 2023, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Runesk 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

My colleague (I don’t have GA installed on Sonos) was unable to play TalkSport via Google Assistant command either, with the report “Sorry, I can’t find what you ask for.”

Are you able to play via the Sonos app? We were. If so, I can only recommend contacting TuneIn or TalkSport directly - there may be a workaround.

Actually, I just found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/mpgynr/talksport_not_working_on_google_home/

There a suggestion there that saying “Hey Google, play TalkSport one zero eight nine” will work, though it did not work for my colleague - perhaps it only works on Google-made devices.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

That did not work.

I see in the community that this problem seems to be a Sonos-issue (with random radio stations not working anymore with google).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Runesk 

Unfortunately, everything that goes wrong on a Sonos speaker gets labelled as a Sonos issue. In this case, once you say “Hey Google”, we have little to do with what happens next - as long as your speaker has access to the service requested (which we verified by playing from the app), there isn’t much more we can do to ensure things work.

I just asked Alexa on a Sonos One to play TalkSport radio and it worked without issue - perhaps that’s something to try.

I hope this helps.