Google Assistant no longer playing the radio since S2 update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

111 replies

I thought mine had been fixed, been able to play R1 and R5 for about a week now. Just found that R2 & R4 still aren’t working though. 

And Sonos have closed down their Twitter support account which is a nice touch. Unless that means they’ve fixed everything. 

Userlevel 1

Hi folks, we greatly appreciate your patience. Upon checking the issue is no longer occurring. Thanks for understanding and let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

I’m afraid this is incorrect - Alexa is now working fine on all BBC Radio stations but GA was only working on Radio 2, 3, 5 live and 6 - then after trying and failing to work on 1, 4 and 5 live sports extra, I tried Radio 2 again and it didn’t work. So, Sonos, more work need on GA integration please.

For now, I’ve switched to Alexa until you can get GA working fully.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi folks, we greatly appreciate your patience. Upon checking the issue is no longer occurring. Thanks for understanding and let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

I’m afraid this is incorrect - Alexa is now working fine on all BBC Radio stations but GA was only working on Radio 2, 3, 5 live and 6 - then after trying and failing to work on 1, 4 and 5 live sports extra, I tried Radio 2 again and it didn’t work. So, Sonos, more work need on GA integration please.

For now, I’ve switched to Alexa until you can get GA working fully.

Thanks.

I’ve found Radio 1 and 6 Music working, Radio 4 needed “BBC Radio 4”

Userlevel 2

Yeah!

BBC radio stations fixed at last using GA!

Just say “ play BBC radio ( 1,2,3,4, Scotland)” etc & it now works

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still not working properly for me. Asking Google to ‘play BBC Radio 1’ produces 1Xtra no matter how carefully I pronounce/ask for Radio 1. Works fine from the app but not via GA :(

Not working for me properly either. “Hey Google, please play Radio 2 on Sonos” into Sonos One results in silence; and “Hey Google, please play XS Manchester” works fine. Can play any station on Sonos Radio through the app (with the same word logo differences reported elsewhere in this chain).

Going to a non-Sonos room with a Google Mini, and saying “Hey Google, play Radio 2” gets “Ok, playing 88-91 FM [etc etc] from the BBC” (maybe not those exact words, but close) and the radio plays; or saying “Hey Google, play Radio 2 on Sonos” to the same Mini gets “OK, playing BBC Radio 2 on TuneIn on [room]” and the radio plays on Sonos!

So the workaround is to say to the Sonos speaker, “Hey Google, play Radio 2 on TuneIn”: and that seems to get Radio 2 onto my Sonos system. Not perfect, but it works. What's most frustrating, is that it didn't work properly the first time, and I had to research a workaround. Switching to a Sonos system (from a mish-mash of Google, Cyrus and Samsung) has not been a stress-free experience. 

Same problem Sonos One gen 2, Google Assistant. Most radio stations that used to work now don’t.

I HATE Sonos.

I've now taken Google Assistant off Sonos, and run the two systems separately. Not the outcome I wanted or was sold. But, weirdly, I still like what Sonos does give me. 

Same issue. When I ask google assistant on my Sonos One to play my NPR station, it says “playing kpbx fm on TuneIn,” followed by “Sorry, I can’t find what you it asked for.” Any thoughts on a fix?

Same problem.  It worked fine up until about a week ago.

I listen to WBUR (Boston) every morning, and all of a sudden, it could not find it.   Not sure what changed.

Still works if I initiate through the app, but that is just not nearly as seemless when I am still ttying to find my way through the morning fog.

Same issue here.

Does someone know if Sonos released a fix?

Regards