Answered

Google Assistant new bug with "personal results"

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Two days ago my long-standing Google Assistant “Good morning” routine on the Sonos One started telling me that it couldn’t do “that” unless personal results was enabled in Google Assistant for this speaker. I tested and found that it’s referring to the “tell me my reminders” command in the routine. The Google Home app doesn’t offer the “personal results” setting for Sonos speakers, but there is an “enable personal results” setting under Google Assistant settings in the Sonos app, and it was correctly set to enable. But apparently it has stopped working. I checked another non-Sonos speaker that has Google Assistant, and it’s also affected by the same new bug - it has the “personal results” setting enabled, and it no longer works. The “personal results” setting continues to work correctly for Google Home speakers. Google has obviously made a change that kills personal results for all non-Google speakers, either deliberately or as an accidental bug.

icon

Best answer by Doug Ames 2 April 2023, 19:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Some people have pointed out that Google is in the midst of trying to revamp Reminders, eliminating the separate tracking of Google Assistant Reminders and merging them with Google Tasks. It looks like they may have inadvertently broken something in the API for Google Assistant speakers.