Answered

Google Assistant + NAS playback issues

• 13 May 2023
  • 3 replies

My Sonos One has been working for months correctly until a few weeks ago. 

Google Assistant works fine for everything I ask (timers, start playing, what time is it, ...) EXCEPT pausing music it’s playing

I thought it would be fixed via this topic , but alas, still the same.

MUsic is on my Synology NAS, it plays just fine but I can’t pause it!

I’ve already readded the Google Assistant, shut down NAS, shut down One, didn’t help. 

icon

Best answer by Tenhoursson 17 May 2023, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tenhoursson 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Generally, it’s all or nothing with Voice Services - they either work or do not. Only being unable to Pause while all other commands works suggests that Google Assistant is perhaps just not understanding you correctly. Have you tried asking it to Stop instead (Pause and Stop are functionally identical)?

Alternatively, as you mention that you removed and re-added Google Assistant, did you, during that process, unlink your Sonos account from Google Assistant? If not, it might be worth trying again, i.e. remove GA from your speaker(s), unlink the Sonos account from GA, then add GA to your speakers again. You can unlink your Sonos account by opening Google Home and going to Settings » Works with Google » Sonos » Unlink Account, or by opening the Google Assistant app and selecting [User Icon] » Settings » Home Control » Sonos » Unlink Account.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Tenhoursson 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Generally, it’s all or nothing with Voice Services - they either work or do not. Only being unable to Pause while all other commands works suggests that Google Assistant is perhaps just not understanding you correctly. Have you tried asking it to Stop instead (Pause and Stop are functionally identical)?

Alternatively, as you mention that you removed and re-added Google Assistant, did you, during that process, unlink your Sonos account from Google Assistant? If not, it might be worth trying again, i.e. remove GA from your speaker(s), unlink the Sonos account from GA, then add GA to your speakers again. You can unlink your Sonos account by opening Google Home and going to Settings » Works with Google » Sonos » Unlink Account, or by opening the Google Assistant app and selecting [User Icon] » Settings » Home Control » Sonos » Unlink Account.

I hope this helps.

Oh wow, sometimes it’s jut really simple

‘Pause’ in my langauge isn’t supported anymore . 
It’s ‘stop’ now . I just have to say ‘stop’ and it works bahahha

Ok thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Google has the habit of changing these things without telling their customers…..