Answered

Google Assistant in other countries

• 12 January 2021
  • 4 replies

When is Sonos going to keep up with Google Assistant and support other countries.

I am an English speaker and live in Malaysia. Google Assistant is available here but does not show up on the Sonos supported countries list - when will this be addressed please.

B.

icon

Best answer by Bagotrix 13 January 2021, 05:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bagotrix, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Regarding your question on Google Assistant availability on Sonos, Kindly check this link as our team tries to update the Countries or languages that it will be available on or coming soon. Sorry that we can’t specify any time frame for this as this is being updated from another team.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thank you @Simon B  - but this is the problem.

This list is very very very small - the world is very very big !!’

And from what i can tell - there have been NO changes to the list for at least 12 months.

Whilst you may not be able to say who is next and specifically when - can we please get some assurance that development of this is actually continuing

… or has sonos decided these are the only markets they will offer the service in. If the latter then i can be informed and look for alternative sound systems knowing that my preferred system has no interest in being properly present in the country i live in.

thanks,

Actually @Simon B i have found that the workaround from the post below does actually work to set up the assistant on a device.

https://en.community.sonos.com/topic/show?tid=6835001&fid=229109

That is change your Sonos account to be against one of the “known” countries and then set it up there.

This seems to work OK

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bagotrix, thanks for the update. Sorry that we can’t give any information about future releases or updates since these are handled by another team, but I’m glad a workaround worked for you. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.