Answered

Google assistant endless loop

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Same issue for me in sweden. Just looping when i try to connect Google Assistant to Sonos
Same issue for me in sweden. Just looping when i try to connect Google Assistant to Sonos, it worked for a friend yesterday... He has a Sonos One and 1 have a sonos beam
Worked to connect when i used the app Google HOME instead of Google assistent 👏👏👍🏼
Worked to connect when i used the app Google HOME instead of Google assistent 👏👏👍🏼

Thanks, it worked for me too !!
Same issue in Denmark
Same issue in Sweden.
Using The Google Home app did the trick. Thanks!
Same issue here: I’m a first time Sonos (with a new Move) and Google Assistant user and adding the Google voice service sends me into and endless back-and-forth between the Sonos and Google Assitant apps.

Both apps downloaded today. Just updated to the new iOS 13.1 and still have the same issues. Also happened on iOS 13 before this.

Never tried on iOS 12 as I only got the speaker today.
Same issue here: I’m a first time Sonos (with a new Move) and Google Assistant user and adding the Google voice service sends me into and endless back-and-forth between the Sonos and Google Assitant apps.

Both apps downloaded today. Just updated to the new iOS 13.1 and still have the same issues. Also happened on iOS 13 before this.

Never tried on iOS 12 as I only got the speaker today.

Perhaps try installing the Sonos Device/Skill manually in the Google Home App first and setup your Sonos devices in the relevant rooms of your Google Home. Also ensure you set a default streaming music service. (Note the same music service account needs to also be installed in the Sonos App).

Then in the Sonos App, goto Settings/Services/Voice/Google Assistant and choose to ‘Add to Another Product’ and follow the onscreen instructions to setup your new 'Move' device.

Hope that helps to get your 'Move' up and running with the Google Assistant.
Thanks Ken. This worked for me. Quite convoluted but I suspect something is broken on the back end.

I have no investment in either Google or Alexa so may try both to see which works best with Sonos.
Thanks Ken. This worked for me. Quite convoluted but I suspect something is broken on the back end.

I have no investment in either Google or Alexa so may try both to see which works best with Sonos.

Glad it worked for you. Both voice services have their advantages/disadvantages, so I have a mix of both around my home, but I think I prefer Alexa at the moment, because of its group control with Sonos devices, which works with Alexa Enabled Groups in the Amazon App, but it’s still ‘early days’ with Google Assistant on Sonos and things do tend to improve over time.