Question

Google Assistant - DR Radio app

• 25 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, I can’t see how to install apps e.g. DR Radio in the Google Assistant (GA) running on my Sonos Move speeker. Google assistant with DR Radio works fine on my phone, but not on Sonos Move. Any ideas would be much appreciated...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If your Move is connected via wifi, you should be able to get DR Radio via TuneIn; https://tunein.com/radio/DR-(Danish)-a38237/

Be advised in this case do not install anything on GA to play on Sonos. You install services on Sonos alone (like TuenIn) or both GA and Sonos (i.e. Spotify). Since TuneIn is preinstalled on Sonos and DR Radio is on TuneIn,  it does seem strange to mee you would not receive it via Sonos, unless you are in the UK where TuneIn has som legal problems.

You are right it plays via Tunein - but the DR Radio can e.g. play Podcasts by saying e.g. “Spil {program name} fra 20. Marts“

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, right. You do not want to play the current program. That would be difficult.

Hmm it works in GA on my phone as it can get DR Radio app - but the GA running on Sonos must have very limited possibilities...

However thanks for replying 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

GA on Sonos can only do what Sonos itself can do. If Sonos cannot do the podcasts, you can’t play them on Sonos with GA.