Answered

Google Assistant Commands to Stop Playing Music Not Working With Spotify

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

For the past few months, I’ve been able to start playing music using Google Voice commands on my Sonos One, however, I’m unable to stop playing music once it begins playing. I ask Google Assistant to stop playing and it replies, “Nothing is playing right now.” Funny enough, I can ask it what song is playing, and it will provide that information. I unlinked Spotify from my Sonos app and Google Assistant app. I also unlinked Sonos from the Google Home app. I then reset my Sonos One and configured everything from scratch, however, no luck. I submit diagnostics to Sonos, but they said they don’t see anything wrong. The only thing that works to stop playing music is ending the session from the Spotify app or the Sonos app. This is frustrating - just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 March 2024, 21:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

When you submitted the diagnostic was it within ten minutes of you trying unsuccessfully to stop the music? If not I suggest you recreate the issue (giving the stop command) and submit the diagnostic again. I’d also submit the diagnostic while the music is still playing.

Donot factor reset the speaker unless told to do so by Sonos tech support. Factory reset erases any data that is useful to Sonos tech support.

If the issue is still unresolved by Sonos tech support I’d contact Spotify and/or Google tech support.