Question

google assistant command for Connect Amp

• 24 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi All,
I have a connect Amp and Google Assistant working in my home. I can tell google to play Spotify or radio to the amp with no issues.

i also have my TV audio out connected to the line in on the Amp. What is the voice command to tell Google to play the line-in on the Amp

cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Google Assistant cannot currently 'start' any Sonos locally held (re)sources, this includes the Line-In on your Sonos Connect Amp. You can however set the Line-In to autoplay when an audio signal is received... so some folk look to see if their connected device, such as a CD player or TV audio source etc; can be started via Google Assistant instead.

Most folk find some success starting such a 'source device' with a universal remote, such as those available in the Logitech Harmony range, all of which can be quite easily controlled by Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa, by creating 'user activities' in the accompanying Logitech Harmony App and linking those to the chosen Voice Assistant using the Harmony 'Skill/Device' which is available to both the Alexa App & Google Home/Assistant Apps.

In a rather similar way, I have a Sonos 'Connect' that has a Sony Tuner/Receiver attached to its line-in RCA port and using a simple “Alexa, turn on the Sony Radio” type command, I can power up the Receiver from standby and auto-switch it to the Tuner Source using Amazon Alexa/Harmony Activity. As soon as the Tuner plays its audio output, it is auto-detected by the Connect Line-In (set to autoplay) which outputs the Playing radio station to my Sonos Lounge Speakers.

Hope that assists in going someway to help resolve your question of how to voice control your Sonos Amp Line-Input.
Thanks Ken for the info. I have a Harmony remote, not sure how this fits in with what I’m wanting to do.

In regards to auto start, this will be annoying as the Connect Amp is only used when the wife is in the far kitchen and can see the tv but can’t hear the TV speakers... I have the connect Amp wired to speakers in the kitchen for us to hear the tv from the kitchen.

Hi All,
I have a connect Amp and Google Assistant working in my home. I can tell google to play Spotify or radio to the amp with no issues.

i also have my TV audio out connected to the line in on the Amp. What is the voice command to tell Google to play the line-in on the Amp

cheers

Sorry has this is a bit off-topic but would really appreciate your help.

i am unable to give instructions to google mini for it play on connect:amp. The connect:amp does appear on my list of devices on Google Home but everytime I ask the mini to play on Sonos it says that it is not available (although it is).

I search the foruns and the internet and people complain aout the same thing.

Thanks in advance

lemosmendonca,

see this link re available Countries...…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3491

lemosmendonca,

see this link re available Countries...…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3491

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately my country is not listed in either the current or coming soon lists. This is strange/unfortunate as my several google minis work faultlessly and with no language limitations. Why should Sonos have even more strick limitation?

My Sonos amp also is also discoverable and appears on Google Home as a device and I can add it to a room. I just cannot do anything with it which is weird.

You would need to speak to your local Sonos or perhaps Google support as to when your country will be getting the service. You can message Sonos via this link..,

https://www.sonos.com/contact/contact-options%23

Hi All,

cheers

Sorry has this is a bit off-topic but would really appreciate your help.

i am unable to give instructions to google mini for it play on connect:amp. The connect:amp does appear on my list of devices on Google Home but everytime I ask the mini to play on Sonos it says that it is not available (although it is).

I search the foruns and the internet and people complain aout the same thing.

Thanks in advance

Pm sent 😉