Answered

Google Assistant - Beam, Bravia and beyond

• 1 June 2021
  • 1 reply

With my Beam connected to my Sony Bravia A8 I have potentially 3 Google Assistant devices available to fulfill my requests. Which should I enable or disable (if any) and which gives me the most control over the TV (if any)given that the Sony is also an Android device with Google Assistant built in, the Beam is plugged directly into it using eARC/HDMI and has a direct connection for controlling it, and for good measure the Google mini in the kitchen can also hear my commands.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 June 2021, 12:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have almost a similar situation with my LG TV/Sonos Arc and Amazon Alexa VA - I have an echo dot in the room and a Sonos Move with Alexa installed on that too… I just personally leave them all ‘ON’ and let Alexa sort it - more often than not, only one Alexa device responds (whichever one hears the request) and I have no issues with the current setup. It works well in fact.

I assume the Google assistant is equally as clever at handling a request when multiple devices are nearby. If not, then the answer has to be to choose one that you prefer and switch off the others you don’t need.