Question

Google Assistant and Tune In

Userlevel 2

Since S2, I no longer seem to be able to say Play BBC Radion 2 in the office. 

Google replies with “OK, BBC Radio 2 from TuneIn. Playing on Office” followed immediately by “Sorry, I can't find what you asked for” 

If I say “Play some Queen in the office” I get “Playing the album Greatest Hits on Spotify…” and that works fine. 

Playing Tunein from the app also works OK.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Please Sonos - what’s the fix? I’m planning to change my Sonos speakers with this other bugs I’m finding. 

I’m having the same issue with BBC radio stations, others I’ve tried seem to work fine and there are no issues with Spotify and Google assistant. Is anyone looking into this problem I use Google assistant for BBC radio stations all the time.

I also have a similar issue where BBC Radio 5 is playing and just stops. If I try to start again from the Sonos app I just get a message pop up saying ‘Unable to play ‘BBC Radio 5 live’ - station not found.’ This is through Sonos radio. Please could someone lookinto getting these issues fixed.

Same here, seems like a new bug. Google assistant can’t play tunein content. It can’t find it.

it says “sure, playing bbc6 music on tune in” then “sorry I can’t find what you asked for” or it does nothing. 

so I have to select it in the app.

It used to work before I upgraded to S2. 

Userlevel 2

Me too. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please Sonos - what’s the fix? I’m planning to change my Sonos speakers with this other bugs I’m finding. 

Agreed.  +1 for me.  I’m tired of it now.

I have exactly the same issue

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem here - using Sonos S1 to a Sonos One pair… 

“Hey Google, play Radio Five Live”

Reply is “OK, playing BBC Radio Five Live on TuneIn”

followed immediately by

“Sorry, I can't find what you asked for” 

Diagnostics submitted - 465778860

I am having the exact same problem as others have described. Diagnostics 336177028. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Having the exact same problem here. I am also unable to play stations from Global Player or BBC Sounds using voice commands. Disappointing. All the Google Assistant tells me that this isn’t supported on [speaker name].

It works just fine on my Google Home/Nest speakers.

Same issue with sonos one, and is one of it main uses for us in the kitchen to be able to ask to play the radio. We get exact same response as @FFoxSake  Hasn't worked for about a month. Any chance of an update on what's happening here sonos?