Answered

Google Assistant and Alexa Support for panama

• 16 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Good day, I would like to ask when voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant will be supported in Panama. I bought the product at an official store in Panama and was excited to use the built-in Google Assistant, but it's not currently available.

Sonos Voice control is incredible, and I would prefer to use it. However, it says that it's not supported for YouTube Music.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 May 2023, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @demenx 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Google Assistant is currently the only voice assistant available on Sonos that supports YouTube Music, so Alexa being available in Panama would not be of use to you (not that it is, as you have discovered).

Our Google Assistant availability on Sonos page doesn’t list Panama as a country where Google Assistant is available on Sonos either, so hopefully this related thread will be of use to you:

I hope this helps.

Hi corry,

Thanks so much for your response.

I checked my profile and it showed 'United States' in Ashburn, but the option did not activate. When I changed it to 'United Kingdom,' the option appeared this time

Postcode I used was this:

EC1A 2BN

Google Assistant is great, but Sonos Voice is incredible as well. Unfortunately, you can only use one at a time.

That is a restriction by Google, they will not allow a coexisting voice system. Amazon does not have that same restriction.