Question

Google Assistant

• 17 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi all!

I tried installing my two Sonos One today with Google Assistant. First I installed One of them and tried it out and when i give command to lower volume it only lowers the One with Google assistant set up.
I then installed the other One in hopes that this would solve the issue but then it doesnt respond in english anymore, it responds in Swedish(!!) Im a Swede so I know 😉
help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

My thoughts are you have 'perhaps' created two separate Google Homes, one with English language settings and one with Swedish. Did you use the same controller device?

Open the Google Home (Not Assistant) App on your main initial controller device and see if you can see both Speakers setup in Rooms in the one Google Home.

If there are two separate 'Homes' then delete one and add the Sonos speaker to the other.
Hi Ken!

I dont have a Google home, just an iPhone and two Sonos One. I set up the Google assistant from the same iPhone.

kind regards
carl
If you goto the Google Assistant App (which is required to install GA on Sonos) you will be able to view your Home. Open the Assistant App and click the profile icon at the top of the main opening screen. You will see your Home, Rooms and Devices. See my attached screenshot as an example.

In my case the Hone is called “Our Home”. It’s possible to have more than one Home if you have set things up incorrectly.

The Google Home App provides a more simplistic view of your Home and Rooms, so I reckon you may find that easier to use.

Hope that helps you to get onto the correct path to resolve your 'GA on Sonos' issues.
I installed it again to the best of my knowledge, even downloaded the home-app and I only had One home.
when i ask it to play a certain artist it says
”i cant do that here but you can ask me to play it on One of your other devices.”
I installed it again to the best of my knowledge, even downloaded the home-app and I only had One home.
when i ask it to play a certain artist it says
”i cant do that here but you can ask me to play it on One of your other devices.”

And are both your speakers now installed in the Google Home Rooms? You can always remove the Sonos Skill/Action in the Google App and reinstall it and it will automatically scan and place the speakers into your Google Rooms ...and (if necessary) you can move them to other rooms, as required.

Please note that if you do remove the Sonos Skill/Action and reinstall it, that you will need to manually install the Google Voice Assistant Service in the 'Room Settings' of the Sonos App for any Sonos One or Beam Device you wish to use with the voice assistant.

Please do not forget also, that the Google Service on Sonos is currently only available to US customers and that the language settings must be set to English (United States).

Hope that assists. If not, then I would suggest perhaps contacting Sonos Customer Care to resolve the issue.
Badge
I have this same issue. I'm on a android phone and had it working fine for days but now its doing this. I removed google assistant and readded it but dame issue. so annoying!

Sonos what is your stance on this? Search this response and you get a ton of hits with customers having this same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have this same issue. I'm on a android phone and had it working fine for days but now its doing this. I removed google assistant and readded it but dame issue. so annoying!

Sonos what is your stance on this? Search this response and you get a ton of hits with customers having this same problem.

Hi there,

There's currently an outage which affects Google Assistant on Sonos. You can check our status page to see when things are back up.