Answered

Can't set up assistant in UK

• 3 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, since yesterday Google Assistant is finally available in the UK. I have some speakers in the UK and others at my place in Spain. I only use one Sonos account registered in the UK. My Google account is also registered in the UK. However, when I try to use GA as a voice service, it tells me "not available in your country". I am currently in Spain, but that shouldn't make any difference as all my system is registered in the UK. Tried using a VPN but that doesn't work either. Alexa works fine with all speakers. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Kenv 3 July 2019, 17:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Whilst all my stuff is UK based I got the response from the Sonos app that google voice assistant wasn't available in my location. I resolved this by uninstalling the Sonos app from my phone and reinstalling it. Then tried again and it all worked ok.
I've not tried anything complex with it so far as I'm not much into voice control but I have got it playing music by a specific artist from Google Play to a specific Sonos location, the Sonos device is an Amp so it has no microphones.
That was it! As soon as I uninstalled and re-installed tge Sonos App it all worked well. Thanks for the help, I really should have thought about that earlier, duh...