• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have 4 speakers:

1. Google Home Mini
  2. Sonos Beam
  3. SYMFONISK
  4. SYMFONISK

1 is set to default to Sonos as its default speaker in the google home app settings.

3, 4, and 5 are grouped together in the Sonos app.

Whatever I do, I am not able to make google play the music on the Sonos.

I set up the Sonos as the default speaker but whenever I ask:

• “hey google play xxx music” it plays it on the google home mini not on the Sonos. 
  • “hey google play xxx music in living room” it still plays in on the google home mini not on the Sonos.
  • even if I ask this while I’m right next to the Beam, it will still play on the google home mini.
  • “hey google move the music to living room speaker” it will say that this is not supported.
  • “hey google play the news” it will stiil play on the google home mini.

Why are these 5 actions impossible?

icon

Best answer by Xander P 4 March 2021, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LiveAndDream, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you open the Google Home app, tap the profile icon, and go to Assistant Settings > Devices, is the Beam listed twice? You may find it has a listing for “Beam", as well as one for “Beam TV".

If you then tap on the Google Home Mini > Default media output, mind confirming that this is set to Beam, and not Beam TV if that’s listed?

Let us know what you find and we’ll take it from there :)

Badge

First, looks like I can’t edit OP but I meant 2,3, and 4 there not 3,4, and 5.

If you open the Google Home app, tap the profile icon, and go to Assistant Settings > Devices, is the Beam listed twice? You may find it has a listing for “Beam", as well as one for “Beam TV".

No, It’s listed as Sonos once.

The entries are:

1. Living Room Speaker (i think this is the home mini)
  1. Sonos

If you then tap on the Google Home Mini > Default media output, mind confirming that this is set to Beam, and not Beam TV if that’s listed?

If I then tap on Living Room Speaker #1, there’s no option to set the Default media output.

If I tap on Sonos #2, I have the option to choose the default speaker. Weird. The options for the Default Speaker for the Sonos entry are:

1. Living Room TV
  2. Living Room Speaker
  3. Living Room
  4. Living Room

After trial an error, the entry #3 is the Sonos but for some reason it’s called “Living Room”.

I found the option to change the Default speaker for Living Room Speaker #1 if I scroll down on the main page to the living room and click on the speaker and change it from there but there’s no option to select Sonos.

The options are:

1. Living Room speaker {This Device}
  2. Living Room
  3. Living Room {Google Home Mini}

I think Sonos is #2 here but even If I select it here. It still won’t play on the Sonos when I say “Hey Google, play the news” or whatever.

I think I’ll remove all the devices from home and re add everything one by one because this makes no sense.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LiveAndDream, apologies for the delayed response.

Certainly strange that the names you see in the Google Home app don’t match those in the Sonos app - were you able to get everything working by removing the speakers from the Google Home app, and relinking Sonos?

If you’re still having trouble, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call - they’ll have more tools available to perform some live troubleshooting :)