Answered

Can Google Assistant play music from Sonos Music Library or Sonos Playlist or Sonos Queue?

• 8 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I would like to be able to turn on music on my sonos speakers using Google Assistant. However, it can only play from Pandora. I can’t figure out how to play from the Sonos Music Library, or a Sonos Playlist. 

Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 12 December 2019, 20:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi JTonIndy, voice assistants on Sonos devices are currently only able to play music from online music services that are compatible with the service. Your local music library and playlists are a mystery to the voice assistant as everything there takes place in the cloud, with no knowledge of what you have at home.

I’ll pass along the request for you to the team.

As to the queue, anything you’ve loaded up into your queue you can use with basic “Hey Google, play/resume.” commands. It should start up whatever was last played in that room which could be a local source. 

Thank you for the clarification Ryan! I appreciate it. 

I am trying to get this working with both Amazon echo and Google Home Hub, but until now, none of them work, the Sonos app is not fully integrated into either. Both, are being monopolistic is only allowing subscription services to stream music, and this seems like an opportunity for Sonos

Please hurry up and get this working, I only want these devices to play music.