Skip to main content

There’s been no communication from Sonos since the email was sent with this article: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates.  This timeline is nearly up and I can’t tell that anything has improved.  What’s going on and what is the new timeline for any of these fixes?  I just spent nearly 3 hours getting one of my speakers added back to my system because it just disappeared.  I also had to hard-wire it to my network so I currently have cables strewn about on the floor.  There are still issues with speakers dropping out, not being able to easily adopt speakers, struggles playing music from many sources (including local SMB), often unable to browse streaming sources, many features we used to have still gone, sources such as “Line In” and “TV” disappearing.  Surely, I’m not the only person still having all these issues.  Is this just the Sonos experience moving forward?

If you're on Sonosnet you won't see the WiFi signals etc. as they're related to the signal back to your router/Access Point etc. and Sonosnet meshes the Sonos devices together.

Try accessing HTTP://IP ADDRESS OF SONOS DEVICE:1400/support/review

How does the matrix look? The colours (and numbers) give a guide to how well the devices are connection to each other..

Speaker shows as Green. Highest numbers are:

Inbound: 35
Outbound: 31
STP state: undefined

Noise Floor: -117, -113, -113
OFDM ANI level: 0

Ken has been very helpful to me, and he suggested some of the same solutions. He ran out of suggestions. I am now up to 65 emails back and forth with an engineer who has not been able to stabilize my system yet.   That doesn’t include hours on the phone with support. 

My point is… the website says Sonos is “Effortless Listening.”  The consumer should not have to continually read the Community Posts and work with support like I have experienced since May.  This is not effortless and I am certainly not “delighted” as the CEO said we would be in the future. 

Brian

Speaker shows as Green. Highest numbers are:

Inbound: 35
Outbound: 31
STP state: undefined

Noise Floor: -117, -113, -113
OFDM ANI level: 0

Some info. about what you’re seeing in the Sonos matrix. Note that newer Sonos products do not report in this area anymore as they do not use SonosNet… 

When the information is available, the colour of the left column gives an indication of ambient conditions. It's based on the noise floor and the active noise rejection…

OFDM ANI for newer devices, 

or OFDM Weak signal level for older ones. 

• ANI goes from 0 (good) to 9. 
  • Weak signal level …used to go from 5 (good) downwards, but in more recent times, larger values have started appearing for some reason. 

A node which connects to the wired root is secondary. One which connects to a secondary is tertiary. 

Noise Floor values - is just the amount of wireless noise in the area.

• Pretty much. -90dB (or better) is desirable.

Just for info…

OFDM = Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing; 

ANI = Automatic Noise Immunity

• Inbound & Outbound ....30 and up is desirable. The maximum is 63.

@sjw@Ken_Griffiths Thanks for the network matrix info!  That’s awesome.  I didn’t know I could access that.

Why in my matrix does the Arc show as Undefined?  Other values are:

Inbound:    58

Outbound: 60

STP state: forwarding

All the filled boxes are gray.  This is on the Safari browser on iPhone.

Why in my matrix does the Arc show as Undefined?  Other values are:

Inbound:    58

Outbound: 60

STP state: forwarding

All the filled boxes are gray.  This is on the Safari browser on iPhone.

Newer Sonos devices no longer show any useful information 

They took away. The nifty Reboot option also.  Could have used that the few times an unplug was necessary when the Arc had a brain fart.