I was not expecting such incompetence from Sonos!

Userlevel 2

The latest software update for Sonos has left me extremely disappointed. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it's one of the worst updates I've seen in many years. Not only does it lack fundamental user-friendly features that were readily available in the previous version, but it's also completely unusable.

It's hard to understand how Sonos could release such an incompetent update to the public. This type of negligence is unacceptable, and I hope that Sonos is taking note of all the negative feedback they're receiving from users worldwide.

I'm not alone in my frustration, and I know that many others feel the same way. I hope that Sonos is paying attention to the community's feedback and working on rectifying the many flaws in this update. It's crucial that they do so as soon as possible, as the current software is causing significant inconvenience and frustration for their users.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Badge

1000% 

Thr fact that after 7 years and 8 speakers I can no longer use sleep mode to go to sleep is unbelievable.  I'm still pinching myself and cannot believe that Sonos released this terrible update.  Whoever approved the update should be fired. End of story. 

Tonight is the first night in years that I can't listen to my Sonos while falling asleep because I can't use the basic sleep mode feature. But hey, I guess I should be glad they decided to keep the crossplay feature 🫤

I don't want or expect anyone from Sonos to reply to try and excuse this and/or tell me it will be released in a future update.  Release it now or roll back your update. This is crazy. They are following the same mentality as Microsoft and Apple... dumb down the app and make it as simple as possible. 

While I'm sure some Sonos apologists will rush to defend their actions, this has left a scar. I'm not saying I'm going to sell all of my Sonos tomorrow and jump to another platform but this will give me significant pause to evaluate other brands before I ever think about buying another Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sure our concerns are small compared to the big picture for Sonos. We are a minority of customers (enthusiasts?) and not part of their target audience anymore. Their target customers use the products in a way that breaking the Sonos app will not matter to them.

Community, we just don’t matter. It happens.