Headset

• 20 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Can you come up with a wireless headset product that will tie into the Sonos Beam for the hearing impaired?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

There has been rumors of Sonos developing headphones but they are only just rumors. Read more about it here:

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/sonos-headphones-release-date-rumours-and-all-of-the-news

For TV audio you might be able to extract audio and send it to a Bluetooth transmitter. 

Is Beam part of a surround system? What model TV?

I figured that the same geniuses that provides wireless speakers could come up with a headset that could tie into that wifi signal, for people who need a boosted audio signal without blasting everybody in the house.  In my situation I like to be immersed, where my wife and son have sensitive hearing and like the audio levels low. Too low for me to hear it without closed captioning.  It is a constant battle to find the happy medium.  Plus, when I am listening to music, I have to mute the sound whenever my wife is on the phone.  She is often on the phone.  

I have a Samsung.

Is this a surround system?

I figured that the same geniuses that provides wireless speakers could come up with a headset that could tie into that wifi signal, for people who need a boosted audio signal without blasting everybody in the house.  In my situation I like to be immersed, where my wife and son have sensitive hearing and like the audio levels low. Too low for me to hear it without closed captioning.  It is a constant battle to find the happy medium.  Plus, when I am listening to music, I have to mute the sound whenever my wife is on the phone.  She is often on the phone.  

I have a Samsung.

Does the Samsung TV not have Bluetooth output? Most TV’s have that option these days. If it does, I would opt to send the audio direct from the TV to the headphones instead. You will just need to switch off AnyNet+ to switch the TV output to Bluetooth and it will likely reduce the possibility of any lip-sync issues too with the video on screen. If no Bluetooth TX built-in, then you could add that to the optical output on the TV instead and use that instead. I suggest looking at TX that has AptX LL to reduce latency and headphones that support that codec, they are not too expensive, if you compare prices on Amazon and similar online retailers.