Change the forum's Cloudfront blocking limit

• 22 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When I go through the “Recently active” link and start opening all the posts I have not yet seen I get to around 25-30 and suddenly pages stop opening and I get a Cloudfront “blocked” message instead.

If I go do something else for a couple minutes I can return and reload the blocked pages with no problem, well unless there too many.

Bumping the limit to 50 wouldn’t impact the forum’s security much and would be far less hassle for me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Stanley_4, thank you for the post!

Can I ask you for a screenshot when you see the message?

This might be out of our hands, but we can certainly check with Gainsight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Got hit several times today as I was a lot of posts behind. First dropped new-tab was number 60, looks like about a 2 minute time-out to go back to normal operation.

Text:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)Request ID: 3xeuwJKAiiuh2MnxIpGVN0jAqtAZds8z-IeEgy9FIRZ6tm0MurdF8w==

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hit at about 60 again today.

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: _VPfJOxGEZtuUdGvJ_czWy81WLTdQ6xgooEgAvheu1jZ-CkciyloiQ==

I’ve not seen this in a while, but I have seen it before….