Annoying updates

• 17 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thought this was funny..a Sonos advertisement in between two update complaints on fb. 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This post on Reddit by a Sonos rep is interesting. Seems to validate some of the frustration people have with the update process.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/s/EsFUw0gL7e

I have 32 speakers and have never ever ever had a problem with an update in 15 years though so don’t know what they are talking about 🤣

But seriously appreciate they are acknowledging this is an issue for some and are looking at it👍🏾

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

This post on Reddit by a Sonos rep is interesting. Seems to validate some of the frustration people have with the update process.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/s/EsFUw0gL7e

I have 32 speakers and have never ever ever had a problem with an update in 15 years though so don’t know what they are talking about 🤣

Yes .. posted that on another post on here already. 

Isn’t all this why the product firmware updates that install automatically, to a user-set schedule, are now available via the App? I just set my system products to auto-update overnight, then the next day install the App - there’s then no further device-updates required, no rebooting issues, or waiting for the speakers to manually update etc. It’s so much easier and quicker too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Isn’t all this why the product firmware updates that install automatically, to a user-set schedule, are now available via the App? I just set my system products to auto-update overnight, then the next day install the App - there’s then no further device-updates required, no rebooting issues, or waiting for the speakers to manually update etc. It’s so much easier and quicker too.

Not every update has turned out well for many owners or like the changes that the SONOS corporate mafia forces on us.  So many wait to see what changes are waiting from other posters in different groups that have done the updates . Many wait to see what Peter Pee shows in his update video reviews and he’s definitely more informative than just saying “ bug fixes and performance enhancement “ like  SONOS constantly does. If you’re happy with the auto updates..great. 

Not every update has turned out well for many owners or like the changes that the SONOS corporate mafia forces on us.  So many wait to see what changes are waiting from other posters in different groups that have done the updates . Many wait to see what Peter Pee shows in his update video reviews and he’s definitely more informative than just saying “ bug fixes and performance enhancement “ like  SONOS constantly does. If you’re happy with the auto updates..great. 

Just switch the auto-update off and when the assessment has been made and you perhaps have got Peter Pee’s verdict etc; just switch it ‘on’… Then next day, or post-scheduled update, switch it off again and then simply do the App only install later… it’s not a huge difference, but it stopes the issue that are mentioned here in this thread. Then it’s a case of ‘rinse & repeat’.

In my own case I just go ahead with the update, without the delay, but that’s a matter for each user to decide what suits them. I’m just explaining how to resolve the update issues, once a user has decided to do the update.